What Can You Do To Prevent Mold
Mold thrives in a warm, humid and damp environment. Mold or mildew is not harmful in small quantities; it only becomes harmful when its growth spirals out of control and increases in quantity. Your home is likely to have mold if there are leaking pipes, leaks in the roof, poor ventilation, condensation, flooding, and wet clothes. Dealing with these problems early enough can prevent mold from setting in and causing havoc on the property.There are ways in which you can prevent this menace from happening. Always ensure that you clean up the water as soon as it spills in large amounts because this will reduce the chances of mold growing there. Also, ensure there is ample ventilation in the house after you finish cooking showering or washing utensils. Insulate your house to quell condensation. Also, keep the basement dry always. If all these fail, you should seek the help of professionals to remove mold from your home. These are the telltale signs that you should look out for if you want to know whether you need mold services;
- If your home has experienced flooding recently due to excessive rain, broken appliance or pipe there is the likelihood that mold will grow. This can happen especially if you did not enlist the services of professionals to clean it.
- When you see mold growth, it is also a red flag that you should do something about it.
- The presence of an unpleasant and wet odor can be emanating from the mold.
- If you or anyone else living in the house start experiencing allergies that you did not have before
- The presence of moisture should also alert you to the imminent growth of mold and hence the need to call in professionals.
If you reside in the Downtown Charleston area and you have noticed some of these signs, you should give us a call at (843) 577-2470.