Our Highly Trained Restoration Specialists can restore your Downtown Charleston Home
SERVPRO of Downtown Charleston is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
- Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
- Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
- Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
- Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
- Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Downtown Charleston
SERVPRO of Downtown Charleston specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
When Storms or Floods hit Downtown Charleston, SERVPRO is ready!
SERVPRO of Downtown Charleston specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Charleston, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 843-577-2470
Apartment Fires in Charleston
Accidents can happen to the most careful tenants in Charleston, and fire damage is no exception. When a small blaze happens in your kitchen, SERVPRO of Downtown Charleston can solve this problem. Doing so can help save your reputation as a responsible renter, and help you receive your deposit when it is time to relocate.
Carefully removing the charred wood and drywall can help reduce the amount of smokey smell remaining in your kitchen. However, we need to go deeper than this and also treat your furniture and carpeting with special odor-blocking agents. These neutralize the soot particles that continually produce the noxious odor.
Clearing away the soot clinging to the walls and ceiling in your kitchen also reduces the odor you smell. The longer we wait to remove this, though, the less efficient it is at removing the soot and restoring the paint or wallpaper. Waiting can result in the need to repaint or rehang wallpaper.
If a grease fire was the reason for your kitchen mishap, cleaning this without special cleansers can prove extremely difficult. At SERVPRO of Downtown Charleston, we have the correct cleaning agents and tools to remove all traces of the fire and the damage it leaves behind. Certified by the IICRC, we know the latest in accepted procedures and can provide the attention you need to make things “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO of Downtown Charleston helps homeowners, landlords, and tenants in restoring their dwellings to pre-disaster condition. When fire damage happens to your home or apartment, call us for 24-hour services.
SERVPRO's Water Damage Restoration Service for Your Downtown Charleston Property
No one wants to experience a flood or rapid amount of unwanted water cascading into their home in Downtown Charleston resulting in water damage to furnishings, flooring, and building materials. Whether the water intrusion results from Mother Nature (hurricane) or a leaky faucet, the water damage can be profound and unsettling. Nevertheless, individuals who respond to the water damage immediately by calling SERVPRO of Downtown Charleston, effectively can limit damages, reduce repair costs, and breathe a bit easier. Learn more about water damage and why it is expedient and effective to hire a restoration service by reviewing this short guide:
Water Damage. It can arise as a result of household or construction issues with the property. Here are some examples.
- Poor ventilation: overheated attic air or poor air circulation in the attic or crawl space resulting in moisture and condensation.
- Leaking pipes: older homes have problems with copper fittings or poor installation of PVC plumbing.
- Exterior damage to siding or trim caused by improperly placed sprinkler heads.
- Slab foundations: large settlement cracks allow water wicking into carpeting, or laminated or pine flooring, baseboards, and walls.
- Roof leakages: poor shingle or roof tile installation, old and time to replace.
Water Damage And Mold Growth. It's important to note that excessive water on your property results in high levels of ambient air moisture unless corrected by mechanical means. Run A/C and small dehumidifiers to maintain an interior moisture level of about 45%. Fungi thrive in the moist, wet environment created by standing water. The mold spores can rapidly develop into colonies of mold which may emit mycotoxins.
How To Handle Water Damage. Very Simple. Call SERVPRO of Downtown Charleston, a premier water damage restoration franchise that is always close-by. In some cases, homeowners seek to clean up the water damages on their own. Mopping up some pooling water from a small leak is fine. But, if damage has ensued to furniture, flooring, or walls, it is time for corrective measures by trained professionals. The HVAC, wall voids, attics, and crawlspaces must all be inspected for hidden pockets of water and moisture. Why expose yourself to health and safety risks? OSHA approved clothing, goggles, and safety gear are standard fare for this line of remediation. There is a wide range of health and safety risks that you could expose yourself to if you seek to complete the restoration process without professional help. Our water damage experts possess the extensive training, experience, equipment, and cleaning products necessary to remove the standing water quickly and correctly, along with mold and musty odors.
Call The Professionals Of SERVPRO of Downtown Charleston today to fix the water damage to your property. Our goal is to make your home safe again from damage and possible mold infestations. With you in mind, we work politely and professionally to keep you safe while saving you money.
SERVPRO of Downtown Charleston Can Assist You With Any Size Loss
Disaster recovery can be a difficult process, especially for small areas that have experienced major storm damage. Frequently, the local restoration services do not have enough technicians and equipment to handle the workload. Fortunately, larger companies, such as SERVPRO, do have the means to help regardless of the size of the affected area.
SERVPRO's Commercial Large Loss Division assists smaller Franchises with storm response after large disasters. This division employs some of the most talented professionals in the industry. They have the skills and equipment to deal with many types of catastrophes, including the following:
- Winter storms
SERVPRO's training school has been approved by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration. This means that SERVPRO technicians are equipped with the proper knowledge of effective, evidence-based techniques to handle any size disaster. Additionally, technicians have access to continuing education so that they are always informed of the industry’s current best practices.
Disaster recovery is a complex process, and for larger losses the process becomes even more intricate. There are many people involved, from the local government to individual residents and other restoration services. Therefore, the organization of the Large Loss Division is integral to the overall effectiveness of the teams. A highly-skilled operations manager oversees the process to ensure everything is done correctly and to facilitate communication between all parties. Additionally, the divisions are carefully located throughout the United States to ensure a team is available no matter where disaster strikes. The Large Loss Division frequently works with local Franchises, and the fact that both are part of the larger SERVPRO team ensures smooth interactions.
If a major catastrophe strikes Downtown Charleston, a specialized large loss service may be needed to assist with the disaster recovery process. A large company with adequate personnel and resources is often the best approach to large-scale restoration projects
SERVPRO of Downtown Charleston can assist you with any size damage. Call us today at 843.577.2470
Why Choose Us
- SERVPRO of Downtown Charleston professionals strive to exceed customer expectations and can help lower claim loss expenses with professional and proper restoration.
- SERVPRO of Downtown Charleston Professionals uses pre-testing to carefully identify what can be restored to a pre loss condition versus replacement, which can reduce claims loss expenses.
- Electronic job file documentation offers immediate quality information including detailed estimates and online access to all files and pending jobs.
- SERVPRO of Downtown Charleston is committed to continued industry training of our service technicians, maintaining a high level of competency of industry standards.
- Franchise required insurance qualification compliance and professionalism help insure quality insurance.
- SERVPRO of Downtown Charleston professionals understand the importance of communication, serving both the insurance adjuster and the customer.
If you experience a residential or commercial property loss in the Downtown Charleston area call 843.577.2470, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year we answer your call to help.
Different Types of Storm Damage
Flooding and ice damming is one of the problems that are associated with storms. No one can estimate the amount of storm damage until it is over. Storm damage comes in different forms. Some of the effects of storm damage include roof leaks, hail damage, ice damming, hurricane damage, and river flooding and wind damage. The storm restoration process follows several certain steps which are listed below.
Flooding can be quite devastating. Places with large creeks are mostly affected by river flooding. Additionally, flood water can also lead to a roof leak.
SERVPRO of Downtown Charleston will have to use a flood pump to remove the flood water. Using the right type of flood pump will help the water restoration firm to remove the flood water quickly. Furthermore, the company will do a check to find out that the hail damage is not severe. Roof repair will involve repairing the roof leak to ensure that the homeowner will be able to settle in the house within a short period. The first step in home restoration is to remove the flood water. It will not be possible to begin the storm remediation if the room is filled up with ground water damage.
SERVPRO of Downtown Charleston will use the necessary equipment to remove the items that are blocking the way or which entered the house. Hail damage can cause roof leaks which can easily be handled by a home restoration company. The house will turn into an ice dam if the roof repair is not done on time.
Ice damage can wreak havoc on a home after the flooding. Ice damage can lead to frozen pipes, ice damming, and even roof damage. The only way to get rid of roof damage is to get the help of a restoration company. The ice damming can make the house not suitable for living. Therefore the company has to make the house ideal for living. Furthermore, the storm restoration company has the right equipment like a flood pump that will help in removing the river flooding caused by the storm damage. A homeowner can rest easy knowing that their home will go back to its initial status because of the help of the storm restoration firm through storm remediation.
For more information or help to restore your home after a storm, call us at 843.577.2470
We Can Handle Your Commercial Building Damage
At SERVPRO of Downtown Charleston, our team of highly trained technicians works proactively and accurately restore any damages and protect families from potentially dangerous mold growth. Using our updated methods, SERVPRO of Downtown Charleston’s technicians first identify the extent of the problem and then work with care and sensitivity to rescue and restore the area to normal conditions. Our technicians are trained and ready to mitigate loss and meet every challenge with professionalism, reliability, compassion, and respect.
Commercial Building Water Loss
Any kind of commercial damage presents unique and different challenges than residential restoration. But Downtown Charleston residents are in luck! Your local SERVPRO of Downtown Charleston is qualified as a Large Loss Franchise. What’s that mean?
Well, it means that there is no job too big for us! Regardless of how big the property may be or how large the scope of work is, we are the guys that can handle it properly and professionally.
Our Promise to Downtown Charleston
Our commitment to excellence includes you, which means that you can expect effective, ongoing communication and a report from us. SERVPRO of Downtown Charleston is open 24/7 to help the residents of Charleston, Pineville, Jamestown, Bonneau, West Ashley, South Carolina. Our certified technicians have handled jobs big and small, and we can handle your job no matter what. Just give SERVPRO of Downtown Charleston a ring at any time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 843-577-2470 is HERE TO HELP!
We Never Stop Training
SERVPRO of Downtown Charleston has advanced technology and techniques to restore your property back to pre loss condition.
Our training program includes the following:
- IICRC Training
- The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) certifies and sets the standards for the cleaning and restoration industries. Our Professionals study IICRC standards and best practices in water restoration, fire restoration, mold remediation, carpet and upholstery cleaning, and other cleaning and restoration courses.
- Employee Certification Training
- The Employee Certification Training is a voluntary, self-paced program designed for SERVPRO Franchise employees. Certification is awarded after successful completion of course materials and an examination. Modules include:
- Crew Training
- Fire Restoration
- Water Restoration
- Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
- Initial Franchise Training
- A 15-day hands-on course at the SERVPRO Corporate Training Facility is the foundation of the SERVPRO training program. This course is primarily for new Franchise owners and covers many restoration topics:
- Fire Restoration
- Water Restoration
- Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
- Mold Mitigation
- All of our staff have access to web-based training. This voluntary program is designed to be an ongoing, self-paced coaching series for a Franchise's employees. Video presentations and support materials are followed by a knowledge test at the end of each module. This keeps our technicians and office staff up to speed on industry standards and the professional quality you expect.
- Continuing Education Classes
- SERVPRO of Downtown Charleston offers both credit and noncredit courses for insurance agents, insurance adjusters, real estate professionals, and Franchise staff. These programs are designed to improve knowledge of emergency mitigation. Courses include:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Understanding Mold in the Restoration Industry
- Restorative Drying for Loss Control
- Mitigation Awareness Response Seminar (non-credit course)
Your Home, Our Home
Downtown Charleston also known as the Peninsula officially includes areas like West Ashley, James Island, Johns Island and Daniel Island as well as the Cainhoy Peninsula. But what everyone wants to see is the breathtaking view of seeing buildings rise just feet above sea level from the Peninsula. This is easily accessed from Mt. Pleasant the Ravenel Bridge, from North Charleston and beyond via Interstate 26 and from West of the Ashley by Route 17.
Downtown Charleston is much more than just a beach town. Some would even call it an oasis of history and adventure from going to Fort Sumter to boat tours and beautiful landscapes. You also can’t forget to check out The Battery,which is a public walkway that is covered with many old antebellum’s.
Downtown Charleston is beautiful and is definitely a great place to check out. There is always something to do. Though it is a variety of adventure and joy we only have one word for it. And that is home.
Everyone at SERVPRO of Downtown Charleston loves calling this home. We love being part of the community and we are proud to serve you.
Call us for your water, fire, mold, storm and cleaning needs.
SERVPRO of Downtown Charleston 843.577.2470